Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tonight, he plays and every note takes me away

Parents always have their own way of putting their children to sleep. My parents did many things, Dad sang to me, he'd play piano, sometimes he'd take me out in my stroller and walk until I fell asleep. Sometimes we'd go for a drive.
Tonight, Dad is playing piano. He's been playing for the past hour or so and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Every time he plays there's a certain kind of peace that washes over me and I feel comfortable and at ease. As I sit here, I think of my children (cuz I'm weird like that) and what kind of experiences I will be able to offer them. Will they one day be sitting in a cozy living room with a fire in the fireplace, a cat curled up in front of it, their siblings and mother around them being lulled into a kind of dreamy state of mind while their father or Grand Papa plays piano. Or will it be entirely different?
For now it doesn't matter, these are just thoughts dancing in my head. I love listening to Dad play. There's no way that I could capture the beauty of his music... but then again, maybe it means so much to me because it is my Dad playing the music or maybe it's because of the memories that every song holds or a combination of both. I don't know. But it's absolutely wonderful and I feel very spoiled to have a Dad like mine.

No comments: