Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Maui Romancin'

Only 188 days before I set off for Hawaii once again. This time will be a bit different then the last but it should be good none the less.
Maja and I are going to take the train to Seattle then depart from there. We fly to Honolulu where we're going to meet and stay with Frank. We met Frank last vacation. He had a weekend off and decided to go to Maui (he works and lives on Oahu... lucky bugger). We're going to stay two or three days there before we fly off to Maui for 5 days. There we're going to enjoy little beach (the nude beach, first two pictures... second is on a sunday which is the big party day at the beach)... among other things I am sure but little beach is really the place to be. I am not really one to lay on the beach and do nothing all day... but this beach is freaking awesome. You can spend an entire day body surfing the waves, laying on the beach, having a few beers, making sand sea turtles, scrambling on the rocks and then on Sundays watch the fire dancers and listen to the drummers as the sun sets. Really there's no beach like it. Last time we could see whales from the beach, hear them under water and we could even see some sea turtles swimming by the rocks.
Last trip, I went there to find myself and to have a good time with the girls. So you could imagine my surprise when Shawn, a fellow hosteller, pulled me aside and asked me to come up to his room because he had something for me (no I did not clue in). Once at his room, he gave me a lei and kissed me. Needless to say I was quite caught off guard but hell I enjoyed it. I spent the rest of the trip with the girls but Shawn was there too (The Brazilian was there too but he wasn't mine). It was great... a little unexpected romance was thrown in there. Since I came back, we've probably e-mailed back and fourth four or five times. I let him know that I'll be back in Maui and he said he'd meet me there. Funny. We'll see what that brings.
After our stay in Maui, we're back on Oahu for two or three days before we leave the wonderful paradise that is Hawaii. It will be interesting to see what Oahu brings. I've been there once before but only for a week, in Waikiki. This was on my way to Australia. I enjoyed it back then but that's probably because it was the first time I was traveling alone. I don't think I'd like it now because it's WAY too commercialized and touristy. Ah we'll see how things go :)
This is the carrot at the end of the stick... it reminds me that I should hang in there, that a break will come soon and that it'll be a damn good one when it gets here. I'm stoked! I can't wait to be laying on the white sandy beaches of Hawaii.

No comments: