Friday, November 23, 2007

Passports n things

Today I went to the passport office and well... it was rather uneventful. Heck I was glad it was but I was ready to wait in like for 6 hours! I brought a shitload of crocheting stuff and figured that would keep me busy. I got to the Richmond passport office 30 minutes early and there were only 14 people ahead of me. The wait wasn't so bad, it was cold (-1) but I was dressed for it. Once we were inside, we went through pre-screening and the lady gave me a hard time because my signature changed. I kinda don't blame her, all the signatures were different. On my carecard it my mum had printed my name cuz at a few months old you can't walk, never mind sign. My passport and learners license were issued when I was 16 (yes my learners license is expired but most people don't notice) and my signature has changed since then. In the end she had me sign my old signature and I was good to go.
I managed to do 1/4 of a granny square when they called me up for the rest of the application. No hiccups there. From start to finish it took me an hour and 5 minutes. So if you're going to the passport office, go to the Richmond one, half an hour early on a cold morning.
So far today I've done that and I finished my first crochet project!!! I finished the baby blanket for Catherine's little one! It's so cute (and warm, I had it on my lap while I was finishing the edging). Pretty proud of this blankie :) First project and it looks good. Hopefully it'll stand up to the abuse that a little baby will put it through.
For the rest of the day I get to study neuropathology figure out some Canada revenue agency stuff (they say I owe them $2 000), tidy up old study space, make chili and then tonight go to Michael's to get a shit load of yarn and things for Christmas. Anyways better get to it. Things don't do themselves...

No comments: