Thursday, November 29, 2007

Baah Baah black sheep...

The weirdest thing happened today! I got on the bus and there was an other girl my age crocheting! I'd never seen anything like it. So I sat next to her, pulled out my crochet stuff and we crocheted and chit chatted for the entire bus ride. She informed me that every Wednesday night at three bags full on main street (which is a shop I've been avoiding for fear that my credit card will fly out of my purse and will magically buy everything that I want and don't particularly need) there's a knitting and crocheting group. Hells yeah man count me in! Sometimes people even bring snackies! Hey it's the little things ok :P
Then this afternoon when Maggie came over to "study" (we ended up making cookies and crocheting... maybe I should be Martha Stewart or something like that) she asked me if I could teach her to crochet. Her brother's girlfriend (or fiance, I forget) is pregnant and Maggie's so excited she wants to crochet a baby blanket for the little one. So this afternoon I taught her how. She picked up quite quickly and made her first granny square with the left over white yarn I had from the baby blanket I made. Maggie and I now have a date to go to this crocheting/knitting group after our exams... but only AFTER our exams cuz we have to study.
Today was productive, but not in a studying sense. I saw the naturopath again, dropped off my Mac (which they now want to keep it because of some... heck I don't know but they're keeping it for a while and I need it to study!), went to the orthodontist, met up with Maggie, made cookies, watched hockey & crocheted & yelled at the TV (was worth it, we won! Luongo's a freaking superhero or something like that) then made lentil soup. Now on the PC trying to remember how it works... so ghetto compared to my Mac. I miss it :(
Oh well bed time now. Tomorrow I get to sleep in. I haven't slept in for about... 2 or 3 weeks now. I can't enjoy it too much because essays, projects, readings and studying all has to be done tomorrow. Ok so all I have to really do is study for my neuropathology midquarter which is on Saturday but it's a good idea to start/continue the other things.

No comments: