Friday, November 2, 2007

Birthday Girls :)

Well I haven't had the time to blog about last weekend. Now it's too far away and to go on an on about it kinda seems pointless.
Maja's birthday was a blast! I had school in the morning, clinic in the evening and between all of that I managed to get her a birthday cake. The pole dancing was a surprise for Maja. We had a great time pole dancing and lap dancing. This is something I'd definitely want to do again. Most of us were naturals, which was great to see. No one injured themselves and everyone looked sexy. After the pole dancing lesson I decided to go out with the girls. The only problem was that I was not ready for a night of clubbing (I was wearing my jeans, winter boots and a beater... not quite club wear). I borrowed Maja's shirt, tucked my jeans into my winter boots and I managed to pull off a style that was... well acceptable but not at all comparable to the girls who had had their hair done, make up done and were decked out in very stylish clothes.
Ah well! Off we went to Crush for a night of drinking and dancing. Once in the club, Brit used her charm to get us all into the VIP area which was fantastic because the girls got to rest their feet (I was glad for the winter boots now, no painful feet due to high heeled shoes). There was also a fan that was nice to sit under (or cool the inside of your shirt) after a bit of dancing. After a lot of dancing and quite a bit of drinking I headed out and went home. After all I did have to get up at 6am to go to work the following morning.
4 hours of sleep later and I was dragging my probably still drunk ass out of bed to go to work. Work was rough that day. Not only because I was in the state that I was in but also some work shit was going on. Not cool! I went home early in hopes to study and sleep a bit. After my nap, I woke up in an even worse state. I am not too sure how this happened but I spent the rest of the day looking over A&P and laying in bed. I also had carrot cake and opened my birthday presents. Man was I spoiled :) My brother scanned my camera and made a duplicate of it (except it was cardboard) and said I could wreck my POS camera (he also said he'd get me a new one but I don't think I can accept that). I haven't squished it yet but I thought it was so clever. He knows how much I hate that thing.
The following day I went back to work and things at work had settled down. Work was work... I had quite the challenge when I had to decorate a huge ass $150 cake! In the end it looked amazing! I took a picture of it with my camera phone because I was so impressed with my work. I even had the creative geniusness (new word) to dye star fruits with raspberry juice. Anyways I was proud of myself.
After work, Maggie came by my place to give me a carrot cake that she made for me :) It was so sweet of her to do that! It was delicious too! Later that evening I met up with Darla, Jerry and Eric at the Cascade (my favorite restaurant on main street). We had a pretty good dinner (actually the drinks are better then the food) and then Darla and Jerry went home. Krista met up with us after dinner and we went to the Railway club. There Aaron, Craig and Joe met up with us. It was a small group but we had some good laughs. It was laid back, the music was great and so were the people that were there so really I couldn't have asked for more.

No comments: