Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sugar... Syrup... Sugar?

I'm on a ginger kick at the moment. Actually I've been on it since I came back from Maui and them little ginger candies saved me from an entire day of car sickness on the road to Hana (620 curves in the back of a van will do that do ya).
I decided to make candied ginger because I need it for a ginger snap recipe. Somehow my candied ginger didn't turn out that well (though it is amazing, it just... didn't work out). I followed the steps exactly as the recipe had asked. Somehow between step 9 and 10 something went wrong. It went from ginger in a syrup to... sugar. And really quickly too! Oh well now I have amazing tasting sugar (well it tastes like ginger) and shrively ginger coated in sugar. Maybe this is how it's supposed to turn out. Oh well. While looking for pictures to put on here, I found this recipe for candied ginger. I think I will try this one out tomorrow after work. The little Persian market is bound to have really cheap ginger.
I've found that cooking is one of the perks of going part time. I've been cooking so much and loving it! I'm also feeling much healthier as my diet is much higher in fiber :) anyways bed time for me now. Work tomorrow... before last day there :(

No comments: