Monday, November 12, 2007

It's raining it's pouring...

And it's really freaking windy too! From our house, I can see many trees and fences in the neighbourhood knocked down, several garbage cans and other yard things strewn about in yards and in streets... it's madness! Since yesterday afternoon we've had some pretty intense winds. It reminds me a lot of last year when we had the series of wind storms that flattened Stanley Park. Which got me thinking... poor Stanley Park is probably flattened yet again! What's sort of ironic is that the sea wall (around Stanley Park) was going to reopen in 4 days. It's taken them 11 months to clean up and rebuild. Now with this storm, it'll be interesting to see whether it will open up or if more damage will be done. Ah well, on the plus side, the yucky weather makes me want to stay in and study (which is what I am going to do for the rest of the day).
Last night went relatively well. After I finished my entry, Rick, Andy and Tex (friends of mine) dropped by to make sure everything was going alright. When they left, Rick told me not to worry, that they seemed to be a good group of kids but to be careful because they'll start throwing up in half an hour or so. Half an hour went by with no one throwing up. I went downstairs to go to bed, lay there for about 15 minutes until I heard commotion. Initially I wasn't too sure if it was outside my window or downstairs. I thought I'd check anyways just to make sure everyone was alright. Sure enough "Buff Matt" was downstairs throwing up lookin like a champ. Poor guy. His buddies were telling him to suck it up and go back upstairs so I told them to go away and I'd take care of Matt. After all I've known Matt since he was... 5 or something. Eventually I found myself going from one washroom to an other, taking care of Foy and Matt both cuddling their respective toilets. The other guys were having a good time. They'd come and check in on the guys every once in a while and tell them to get over it and be tough. By 1, everyone was out of the house, even Matt and Foy.
I had to chuckle though... two hours of drinking and three hours of puking. Man I remember the days. Then I learnt to pace myself. Now most nights don't end in puking. Yay. Anyways all of the cleaning up is done (I took care of the basement... it wasn't as bad as upstairs but still had puke in the living room, kitchen and bathroom) and I'm ready to start studying. I really really don't feel like studying. I just kind of want to write this one off. But I did that with my last neuropath exam so I have to bust ass with this one. Bleh!

No comments: