Thursday, November 8, 2007

Damn you atypical squamous cells!

Yeah so when I saw my naturopath today they told me that them damn little abnormal cells were back. Fuckers! I don't know whether it's ACS-US or ACS-U but either way they have to be checked out because of my history. Anyways I have to go for a colposcopy (not a colonoscopy) which usually leads to a biopsy (anyways it did the two other times...). Colposcopy... ok. Biopsy... not ok. Not looking forward to that. Would like someone to come and hold my hand when that's happening but fat chance for that.
Otherwise every thing's good. I made a unbelievable dinner yesterday. Yep cooking calms my nerves... and yeah I should have been studying but it wouldn't have been overly productive. I made thick pork chops with apples and raisins, wild rice pilaf with pine nuts and lemon zest and broccoli. For desert I made a brownie... but not any kind of brownie... I made one with tofu! It was really yummy.
I had a bit of a surprise yesterday. During baby fair I entered my name in to win a trip for two to Florida, then a cruise to the Bahamas, time in the Bahamas and then more time in Florida. Yesterday I got the call that I won. I was SO stoked! Until they gave me the details. It was a three week holiday that I had to use within the next year. Lets see... I have school for the next year with no more then two weeks off between terms. -2% for every class missed... missing a week would be -20%. The shitty (yet understandable) thing was, that I had to tell them then if I wasn't the one going. If I couldn't go then it would go to the next person. So I passed it up. Foolish me! I should have taken it and said fuck it to school. But I was reasonable. Damn reason. And yeah, I even knew who I was going to take... Maggie my best friend cuz she went to baby fair with me and has been there for me since... a long ass time. Oh well. Some other lucky person is going.

No comments: