Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What a day!

Man oh man am I ever glad today is over and done with! Being we had a quiz in Neuroanatomy I had to go to school prior to my appointment. I forgot about this lovely little quiz until about 9pm last night. Well damn! I studied in the morning and still managed to get 100%. After my quiz and an hour of note taking it was off to the Gyno. As to not forget to get a doctors note for school I wrote on myself a little reminder on my hand. Then joked with Joy about how it would be funny if I wrote it on the inside of my thigh that way if I forgot to ask the Doc she'd see the request while doing the exam. Tee hee :) Made me laugh.
Apparently my regular gyno was home sick with either mono or that other horrible thing... pneumonia? Fortunately the replacement was really nice. She explained everything to me as if it were my first time. I humored her... even during the explanation as to where my cervix was. We're doing pathologies of the women's reproductive system in systemic pathology class... I know all about the cervix, uterus and all the lovely pathologies that come with them. The procedure itself went well. When given the option as to whether I wanted to biopsy or not I opted out. Everything looked healthy but a biopsy could be useful for good measure. I figure she'd scraped around enough in there that if those came back positive we can go back up there and take bits out later. It ain't going anywhere.
Afternoon class was tough. I was emotionally wiped from the mornings adventures. I didn't think it was that bad but I just felt drained emotionally. I also wanted to conserve any bit of energy that I had for clinic in the evening.
Clinic went well. There was a bit of added drama in the house that made things interesting but there's bound to be in a place like that. I still admire these women. On the whiteboard, I wrote "Your strength, courage and beauty is very admirable." I don't know if I will get in trouble for writing this... they might not even know it's me. I just want these ladies to know that someone thinks that they are strong, courageous and beautiful. It takes quite the person to go through what they are going through and I admire that.
As I've been doing every other Tuesday and Thursday after clinic, I took a mud bath again tonight. It's my little treat to me for finishing a long day. It's so nice to get to lay there and just let my worries seep out of me into the water and then let it all drain away. As I write this, I am curled up in bed and ready for a good nights sleep.

No comments: