Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day trippin to Harrison Hot Springs


Christel and Joey are here from Winnipeg... so what do you do when you have visitors? Well ya show em around! So this weekend we decided to do a day trip to Harrison Hot Springs. I had never been and I envisioned natural springs in the middle of the mountains... I should have checked the web site cuz that wasn't the case. It wasn't a big deal though cuz we just walked to the sources and on our way there, we scurried up some moss covered rocks and took pictures. Both Christel and I have fancy cameras so we were kept busy taking many pictures (here). The moss was so thick and pretty it was amazing! There was also a little river that was running down though the rocks so it made for quite the environment. Very west coast :)
After our little hike we made it to the sources (which are protected by a cage and cement). It was quite interesting to see that the sulfur and the steam from the sources had eroded the fence that was keeping people from jumping into the 160 degree water. Personally if I see water bubbling and steaming like that I wouldn't jump in. But hey, that's just me.
While we were there, we stopped by this little shop to pick up some local hazelnuts and honey. I picked up some amazing roasted hazelnuts and some cinnamon and brown sugar hazelnuts. There was also some mountain honey which is from flowers in the mountain. It's so yummy!
We did make it to the hot springs pool and warmed up in there. It's like a big hot tub. It reminds me of the roman baths. It was very relaxing. We were fortunate enough that it hadn't rained on us (until we were getting into the car to leave) all day but it was still quite chilly so the warm water was very much appreciated.

On our way home, we stopped by a cheese farm (or dairy farm that makes their own cheese) and picked up some delicious cheese. Yum! They even had cheese curds! Sadly they weren't squeaky like the ones in Tillamook (speaking of Tillamook... I should do the Oregon coast again this summer!).
Once home, Christel helped me put reddish pink streaks in my hair. I wanted them so that they could show when I tied my hair back and so that they'd peek through when I had it down. Add a little bit of spunk to my hair... ya know :) Christel did an amazing job! But being we had a long day, she left me to rinse out my hair. I figured it couldn't be that hard! Anyways apparently it is cuz now I am pink and my entire bathtub, walls and curtains are pink as well. Tee hee. Oops. Ah well at least the finished product looks great! I am looking forward to being able to style it into something instead of quickly tying it up so that I could clean the bathroom before it gets stained pink permanently.

1 comment:

Christel en Amerique Centrale said...

That was a really awsome day! Thanks for comming with us :) Hope you got all the pink out of everything in your bathroom!! Next time I stay to help rinse it out... :P