Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It was like a 5 hour easter hunt!

Today I helped Franky again. This time we handed out pamphlets for the landscaping company for 5 hours! And how was that like an Easter egg hunt you say? Well you see, in the British Properties the houses are HUGE... well the properties are and sometimes they have big driveways (most often on a steep incline) and it became a game of "where's the mail box". Sometimes it's at the start of the driveway. For those people, I tell them thank you :) Sometimes it was in the middle of the driveway. Sometimes there were none. Sometimes there was spiders and other critters living in the mail box. And sometimes it was attached to the fence that had a BIG BIG dog sitting on the other side of it. Anyways it was good fun :) I made a game of it and it kept me entertained for hours (really). I also brought my ipod and put my headphones around my neck and blasted the music so I could still hear what was going on around me and not get hit by cars. I had switched my music to good stuff (Kate Reid, T. Nile, Joanna Chapman Smith, Pacifika, Incura, Paolo Nutini, David Gray, Yann Tiersen, Snow Patrol...) so it was great to listen to.
Afterwards Christel and I met up with my cousin Joey and we all went swim suit shopping. After swimming with them on Sunday, I realized that my current swim suits are too big and keep falling off. So, solution: get smaller sized swim suits. I got two. One on sale, the other, not so much. We then went for dinner at the Indian Restaurant near my place and it was delicious!
My poor baby keeps leaving me "poops of love" (like Joy called them). This is either the end or she is going through a tough time again. Last night's count was 7 poopies and pukies. At 10pm after a full day at school and clinic it's not very exciting to clean up kitty messes. Fortunately today there were only 3. There was also no blood in any of the kitty presents. Maybe it's passing? I dunno but it sure is tough. Fortunately she doesn't look like she's suffering and is currently cuddled up with me right now. I love my babes.

1 comment:

Christel en Amerique Centrale said...

it really was like a easter egg hunt! never know where those pesky mailboxes are hiding. A few of mine were even hidden in trees! Good times :P