Monday, March 24, 2008

A shoulder to cry on.

There was a guy, who was going thought stuff. What kind of stuff, it is not known and it never will be. This afternoon he ended his life prematurely with a shot to the head. His soul left his body to float along with the others. All that is left behind are friends, family and tears.
I wonder why this happened. I wonder why any of this happens at all. It makes me angry that people take their lives. Yet I understand because a few years ago I tried to take mine. Tonight I try to console my cousin who has lost a dear friend and I am left, my head whirring, wondering. She said, "I wish I had been there. I would have stopped him. I am not afraid of guns. I would have walked right up to him and taken it away." I am sure many people wish they'd been there. Myself included and I don't even know the guy.

No comments: