Thursday, March 6, 2008

Schoolies

During orthopedic treatment, we were talking about the femur (thigh bone) and I asked Ben, our teacher, what the calcar line was and what it was for. I couldn't remember. And he said:

"Calcar. It's one of these weird words like loofah and cul-de-sac. Why cul-de-sac? Why not round about or dead end with a circle?"

Ha ha dead end with a circle. Still it didn't answer my question so I will have to look it up after clinic today.

In systemic treatment, we've started covering the digestive system and how to treat pathologies of the digestive system. For review, Annette asked us to draw on each other the location of certain organs. I was paired up with Robbie and the result is what you see above. Welcome to my insides. See the spleen, pancreas, stomach, urinary bladder, liver with gall bladder, kidneys (can't be seen in photo, on my back), small intestine and large intestine with ascending, transverse and descending colon, cecum and sigmoid colon.

No comments: