Thursday, March 27, 2008

I am doing this for myself.

So I've decided. I am going to take the next term off and work during the summer. I haven't told anybody, nor will I. Well not until I talk to the Dean anyways. The reason why I am not telling anyone is that I am often influenced by what others want or think is best for me.
Yep I do understand that sometimes people on the outside can see the bigger picture a lot better then the person who's in the midst of it. But quite honestly, I don't care how long this program takes. So what if it'll take me a total of 3 years instead of 2?
I want to take the summer off so that I can work (and redo spinal treatment). Find a job that's outdoors... maybe landscaping or gardening or something like this. Then I'll be able to go back to school with a clear head. Right now I am failing more that I am passing and it's not because I've caught the dumb. It's because I just don't care. Massage therapy is supposed to be a caring profession... so some thing's wrong when ya don't. Then comes the question... why are you doing this if you're not that much into it? Well I know one thing. I want to finish this course and I want to be an RMT. What the hell I am going to do with that, I don't know. Apparently it gets better once you grad. Then ya don't have to do things that you don't want to do and make your practice more you. So really I am going to tackle that when I get there. I enjoy massaging and just recently I've found myself becoming more and more therapeutic in the work that I do (adding stretching, strengthening, joint mobilizations etc.) however I am still struggling with that. Heck I'll figure it out later.
For now, I am off to the Dean's office and then going to do a last quick review before my mid term. Yes, I skipped first class. It was Spinal treatment... what are they gonna do? Fail me? I'm doing that on my own thank you very much :)

No comments: