Saturday, March 22, 2008

I *heart* nature

Yesterday Vicki and I took advantage of not having school and work and we went to Bowen Island for the day (Smugmug album here). It was such a beautiful day too! I don't think we could have asked for a better day :) Sure it was still a bit chilly but it was still quite nice. Vicki's just recently moved back to Vancouver and had never been to Bowen, so it was fun to get to show her around. It's also my favorite place to be around Vancouver so it's always fantastic to go back. It's so close to Vancouver yet it has a small island feel. When walking around Bowen, people say hello to you in passing. It's awesome!
We did the usual, stopped by the Ruddy Potato Market to pick up some snackies and then walked to Killarney Lake. From there, we did the walk around the lake. It's so pretty. The lake was like glass. Everything was blooming and I don't think I'd ever been there during the springtime so it was quite pretty to see. Lots of birds were chirping so it made the walk very peaceful. The trail was quite muddy so it was fun to get to dodge the mud puddles... ok so I found it fun and Vicki may have as well had she not been wearing her runners that she didn't want to get muddy. :)
On our way back from the lake walk, we stopped at the fish ladder. This is such a neat thing! It was build a while ago therefore it's made mainly of rocks with cement in between. It's also covered in moss so it looks really really cool. Anyways there were no fishies but I finally found a way to hike down and not break my face so it was neat to see it up close.
After hiking back to the village, we stopped for dinner at Tuscany! There they had a fantastic pizzas. I had one with pear, brie and caramelized onions. It was delicious! The treck home was a long one. It took two hours. As soon as I got home, I passed out. But heck it was well worth it! Such a wonderful day :)

No comments: