Monday, March 24, 2008

Bein' Crabby

Last night and this morning I was one miserable chicky poo. Not too sure what it was. I think part of me was thinking about what I'd written on the board in regards to "What's your dream career?" It's a bit discouraging going to school for something that you don't particularly want to do. Yes it does have SOMETHING to do with where I want to go but some days it's hard to see the connection.
This morning I was just straight up discouraged. I tried to do my taxes and found out that my school fucked up AGAIN on my T2202A form. For fuck sakes how often can one fuck up on one form? Apparently quite a bit. That just discouraged me even more and I cried myself to sleep on my tax papers. Sometimes I'm pathetic :) After a two hour nap. I woke up and though "I can be grumpy and make the last day of my long weekend a crappy one or I could be cheery and be productive. What's the better option here?" Of course the cheery one. So here I am, feeling like a ray of sunshine :) Ok well maybe not a ray of sunshine but close enough.
The paint colour in the basement wasn't what we wanted to we went out and picked out a nicer colour (less yellow) and put the first coat of that on. It's kinda funny cuz the colour of the paint is called "Nature lovers green". I'd call it sage but Benjamin Moore has to be fancy. Hopefully by the end of tonight we'll have finished painting the kitchen in the basement and we'll have almost finished the washroom. Then maybe I can find my desk, futon and TV as it's all buried under shit from the kitchen and bathroom. I really just want to watch a movie but nope.
Yesterday, Andrew introduced me to Great Lake Swimmers. They are friggen awesome! The first song I listened to was Your Rocky Spine (YouTube video here... I wanted to post it on my blog but it won't link!). My thought process to this song was an interesting one and it went a little like this: "I wonder what part of the spine they're singing about... probably the thoracic spine because the spinous processes are more pointed and point straight out. Or it could be the cervical spine...". It took a while to turn the medical mind off and turn on the musical one. Like I've said before, studying all about the body is like a disease, it's always on your mind no matter what you do.
(a fellow Thunder Next week is going to be a scattered one. Tuesday morning I don't have school, however I have a quiz or mid quarter in Neuroanatomy over the lunch period, orthopedic treatment in the afternoon and then clinic until 10:30pm. Wednesday, no school in the morning again, spinal treatment quiz or mid quarter in the afternoon followed by class and then in the evening CheraPanty) is having her Burlesque premiere. I want to go to that and cheer her on! She's taken classes, really enjoyed it and it struttin' her stuff for the first time on Wednesday. Thursday is a full day of class along with a mid term oral practical... kinda shitting myself for that one cuz there's a chance that I get breast massage and I don't feel competent AT ALL with that. I then have clinic until 10:30pm again. Friday is just a regular day of school with a mid term written thrown into the mix. And then finally Saturday I just have class in the morning. In the afternoon I MIGHT be leaving to go camping up past Pemberton near the hot springs. But that's a big might. It depends on whether Paul (not ex Paul, an other one) has the time off work. If so it'll be quite interesting cuz I've never met the guy but we both want to go camping and I don't know anyone crazy enough to go camping at this time of year so we'll go together. Just the thought that there's a possibility that I could leave the city has me day dreaming about it. Nothing but nature, silence, a stranger and his dog. To some that might seem stressful (or stupid) but to me I think it'll be fun.
Well time to study for the multitude of quizzes, mid quarters and mid terms that I have coming up this week.

*Picture taken from my Granville Island album on Smugmug.

No comments: