Monday, April 16, 2007

Weight Lifted

Well I did it. I called Paul and left him a message (because I think he ignored my call... but that's ok. Shorter and sweeter that way).
I called to tell him that we should move on and even though I still have feelings for him, it wouldn't be fair to myself or him to back together. Sometimes two people love each other but they make huge sacrifices to please the other person. While Paul never asked me to change, I did because I could tell that by being myself I would make him uncomfortable. I believe that in a relationship one should always be themselves. If you cannot be yourself, you'll exhaust yourself and end up being angry at your partner when really you're the one holding back.
Also I don't want to be myself and have Paul change. He's a wonderful man and he's going to make someone else really really happy.
I don't know, I feel that it's for the best really. It's not going to be easy, because I do still like him... I just have to keep in mind that this will benefit him and myself in the long run. I don't want to change him or make him unhappy nor do I want that for myself. Anyways that two minute voice mail that I left has made a big difference for me. I feel lighter because I think today I am actually accepting what is going on.

No comments: