Monday, April 30, 2007

School, Bowen and Hockey sounds like a good balance to me


Long time no write... things have been go go going which... well is good I guess. I seem to be going in the right direction and it's sunny so I've been feeling a little better these days.
Friday I had my meeting with the Dean and that went well. He said that he thinks it would be a good idea (splitting up my level 300) and all I had to do was put together a schedule and a letter with my request, then send it to him and he'll send it to Jacq, who's in charge of student loans and things like that. So that's today's project (along with my assignments and studying). I'm pretty stoked about that... though I feel uncertain now. It seems all too easy.
On Friday during clinic, I had a guest that is a writer for a magazine and she was booked in with me. That makes two people that was specifically booked in with me. So I guess I am doing something right and am better at this whole thing then I think I am. Well see, I know I'm pretty good at what I do but my heart's just not into it... you can only really fake that for so long and that's probably why I am so drained. It's like a tug of war in my head and heart... I feel like I am faking it all (being so enthused about this program and massage therapy is general) but yet sometimes I really enjoy it. Maybe I'm in a slump. I don't know... it's just this big mish mash and I don't really know what do make of it.
I also got my marks back for level 200 and I managed to pull an average of 82% which is fucking amazing considering what a slump I was/am in! Then again I did have three classes where I was between 75 and 76% which isn't too cool. Yet I had two classes (one of which was therapeutic exercises... this was the big surprise) where I got 91 and 94%. And my three other classes I was between 81 and 87%. So marks wise it looks like I am doing darn well as well. Sure the Dean wants me at 88 or 89% and that would be awesome... but in the end they won't look at your final grades, just whether you passed or failed. I dunno going part time might be a good thing... maybe I'll straighten things out.
Yesterday I went to Bowen with Paul and Teako. We had such a gorgeous day! The sun was out and it was actually warmish (well in the sun and when it wasn't windy). It's so easy to hang out with Paul... I really appreciate not having to explain how "Paul and I are doing" or "how I'm dealing with the break up."... That's the only thing I dislike about hanging with other people. I know they mean well but enough with the Paul and I talk. We're done as a couple yet we're working on being friends. So far it seems pretty positive. And no, I'm not in denial. I am just dealing with it in an adult manner and not being over dramatic or stupid about it.
I've got to start going to Bowen more often. Maybe it can be a weekend thing. The ferry over is only $7.50 so that's pretty reasonable. It's so quiet and peaceful I love it. Plus if I go and I have no one to talk to, I'll be even quieter (I'm really chatty... :S ).
Anyways Paul and I watched the hockey game (which we lost... boo) but ended up both falling asleep during 2nd period only to wake up in 3rd and we were losing. Not cool! We then watched "Little people Big world"... probably the most pointless show but a while ago, while Paul and I were still dating... I don't know what we were doing but we ended up watching a Little people big world marathon and we were actually interested... it's one of those things that are so pointless but you gotta keep watching! Anyways so we did that for a while then we had a mini road trip to Squamish to get frosties at Wendy's. I got home at 1am completely exhausted. Now after a good nights sleep here I am.
(www.campmoombayogathon.com) and I've had breakfast. I am looking forward to the So far today I've registered for the Camp Moomba YogathonYogathon. I really enjoy yoga and I need to do more of it. The energy at this event should be something else! Plus it'll be a good place to thank my body for everything that it's put up with lately. I'm very grateful because I haven't been sick (and I've felt it coming on for about a week now but I'm fighting). More pople should be thanking their bodies for everything they do for us. Our bodies are in such a delicate balance and most of us are challenging our bodies every day with different stressors and still we remain sane and healthy (well some of us anyways). So I think it's something to be very grateful of.
Now I really have to get started on my assignment (which I've managed to procrastinate until the day before it's due... way to go me) and study.

"It's deep how you can be so shallow" I picked this up on someone's conversation on the ferry yesterday and I thought it was well put...

No comments: