Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fond Memory

Paul would often work late and on winter nights I'd try my best to stay up (because I pass out at 10pm) and wait for him in the living room. This one particular night it was cold and rainy (he works outside) so I lit a fire in the fireplace and put on some pretty Celtic music. When he came in, we cuddled on the couch and watched the fire. While we were cuddling, the song Sleepsong from Secret Garden came on and during this song, we didn't say much. I just held him and savoured this precious moment that I had with him (he was probably just warming up).

Sleepsong
Secret Garden

Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby
Back to the years
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow
Bless you with love for the road that you go

May you sail far to the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet

May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm

May you bring love and may you bring happiness
Be loved in return to the end of your days
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay

The song was one that I felt meant quite a bit because I remember thinking at that time that whether Paul and I were together or apart, I wanted him to "be loved in return to the end of your days". Whether it be by me or by any other woman, he deserves that and I still wish it upon him.
Anyways it was just a memory that came up and possibly one of the most precious ones because it was such a small special moment... it meant a lot. I could start reminiscing but I'll save everyone the cheese and save myself the heart ache. I just have to remember that I was lucky that we did share all of these wonderful memories. Though we may have loved each other, not everyone that loves each other is meant to be together.

No comments: