Sunday, February 17, 2008

Who am I to make flames ignite but I can't even make myself sleep at night.

I think I have a thing for Thomas Haas! For Christmas, Mum gave me a $25 gift certificate for Thomas Haas so being the boys (Dad and Steph) are in Winnipeg, we went there after school yesterday. We had an amazing lunch and then I marveled at the display of pastries and chocolates! What pieces of art. And then Thomas Haas himself came out from the back kitchen to add more pasties... my pulse quickened, my palms got sweaty and my face went red. I had to smile at myself cuz no movie star or singer (ok maybe Josh Groban does) has me lusting after them but Thomas Haas makes me weak in the knees. Tee hee :) Anyways it was nice to get to spend the afternoon with Mum.
In the evening, Joy and Joey came over and we enjoyed our left overs from the previous night, before heading off to the Purple Crab for the acoustic show II. Before we got there though, we stopped by Cafe Montmartre because Pacifika was playing there again. They weren't on and the place was packed so after mingling a little we went to the Purple Crab. We managed to miss Trike (a band that is not quite to our liking) and got there in time for the 3rd band. They were pretty good... but then Incura came on. They were so good! I usually don't really listen to the kind of music that they play but I really enjoyed their music. So much so that I bought their CD. I was a little uncertain because they usually don't play acousticly but their drummer is traveling the world so they're giving it a try. I'm one that likes quieter music... no yelling or stuff like that. Stresses me out. Next time they're going to play in Vancouver I am pretty sure that Joy, Joey and I will be going to listen to them.
This morning while Mum and I listened to their CD and it's been on repeat ever since! It's great! And even Mum likes it too! Well time to stop catching up on blogging and get the day going. It's beautifully sunny but I have three mid terms and one mid quarter next week... the week after is a reading break though so I am REALLY looking forward to that! It'll be a week filled with catching up with school work, salsa dancing, guitar playing, live music and photography! WOO! I can't wait!

Blog entry title taken from lyrics by Incura. They've just been stuck in my head and I don't know which song they're form... yet.

No comments: