Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines day prep at the Fontaine's

You sure can tell it's Valentines day tomorrow by the activity in our house. My brother has been busy as a bee, getting everything ready for his Valentines day extravaganza! His plans for tomorrow: Breakfast with the girlfriend followed by snowshoeing on Cypress (with a little romantic snack that he's packed) followed by late lunch somewhere then Theatre sports then over to our place where he's going to make her dinner (flowers chocolates gifts are given here). What a romantic guy :)
Dad got some flowers for mum tonight as he's leaving for Winnipeg tomorrow. He's got croissants for his two girls for breakfast... a quick something before we have to head off to school/work.
And me... well I'm making alittle special something too! I spent all evening making cupcakes (and playing around with my camera). I've made a chocolate ganache icing but I flavored it with chili. Sounds crazy but it's amazing! You don't notice the chili flavor initially but it lingers and warms your tongue. Who are they for you ask? Well the girls at school :) I figured I have to spoil someone! Oh and being I have clinic in the evening, the girls that I am going to clinic with and I picked up some roses today at costco and we're going to be giving one to each of the women at Aurora :)
Well time to ice the cupcakes!

No comments: