Sunday, February 3, 2008

"It's not her fault. I had a peepee problem in grade 3 too!"

Ha ha! As you can imagine, the 10 year class reunion was a hoot. Sure it was nothing official but a few of us got together, thanks to Facebook and caught up on the past 10 years. It's hard (yet easy) to believe that elementary school was so long ago! No one is married yet... but two people have kids (well one is pregnant, the other one had a little girl). For a moment, I almost felt old. But then I realized that I was 12 10 years ago and that doesn't make me old now :)
Today I had my first guitar lesson. I posted an add on craigslist to see if there was anyone out there who would want to teach me guitar. Surprisingly enough many people responded. So many that I'd have about 14 e-mails a day that I had to sift through. Jordan and I met up at Granville island and he taught me a few basic things.
One very interesting thing that I found out was... I have the wrong guitar. Being I am a right handed person, I figured I'd get a right handed guitar. Makes sense right? Wrong. I knew my left pinky was double jointed but I didn't think it would have been a problem. It is! It won't move properly. Not only that but I have better finger dexterity with my right hand so it would be better to have my left one for picking. I might try to exchange my guitar... or I just might switch the strings. If I do that then my pick guard/scratch pad (or what ever it's called) will be on the wrong side. I don't care too much... it could be quite original :)
Well time to hit the sac. Busy day tomorrow! Busy week this coming week. Two midterms, two midquarters and one quiz. Eeepp! At least I'm almost 1/4 way done the term :)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Ok, that's funny. When I read "reunion", I thought you meant "high school", and then thought "Huh, didn't know she was that old..." (my reunion was last year.) Then I read "12 ten years ago" and immediately felt like the worlds oldest geezer. Alas. :D

Gillian said...

Yeah, Donna, and my high school reunion was in 2005. I "graduated" from elementary school in 1990. Damn.

At least I'm still hot. Or delusion. Either/or.

Janelle, that's odd that your pinky is forcing you to go lefty with the guitar. I'm left-handed but find right-handed guitar playing to make more sense, and also be easier to learn (since you don't have to reverse anything). I went to an Eric Clapton concert a few years ago, and there was a lefty guitar player who was playing a right-handed guitar left-handed. It was odd. Not sure how he managed it.