Saturday, February 16, 2008

The story of our lives start and end this way. We started all as dust...

The past two days have been fantastic! Valentines day was probably the best ever yet. School was school but I had systemic treatment and orthopedic treatment. Two classes that I enjoy very much. In the evening, Jen, Kristine and I went to Aurora for out outreach. We started our evening with a pit stop at Capers for dinner. Yummy pakoras and happy planet fruit juices had us energized and ready to go.
Though I was looking forward to giving out the roses, I was a little bit nervous about it. I wasn't too sure how it would be received I also didn't know how I would react. I was afraid that I might be overwhelmed by emotion. These women are so amazing and so empowered that the energy within the center is a very charged one (not particularly negative, nor positive, just one of strength and.... it's hard to describe).
When we handed out the roses, it was very well received The women were very touched. The overall emotion was a joyous one. There were so many smiles and laughs that it was really great to see. The treatment part of the outreach was great too! I'm finding that I am getting more and more confidant in trying techniques that I haven't quite "mastered" yet.
After clinic, I met up with Francois. We went to Kino's cafe to watch the flamenco dancing. Talk about intense! I have no idea what they are singing about half the time but judging by the look on their face it must be something quite serious! I made the mistake of bringing my camera so I was a little bit anti social. Fortunately Francois takes photos as well so he understands. It was quite interesting meeting Francois for the first time. Being he's a frenchy as well it was like meeting a long lost cousin or something like this. I don't know why I have this association. Perhaps it's because we have the same last name (what a fluke!). Anyways hopefully I can shake this feeling cuz he's a really great guy.
Fortunately it wasn't too late a night because at 5:45am my alarm clock woke me for yet an other day at school. Again school was uneventful but still very interesting. I am finding that I am enjoying my classes. First thing in the morning, Randy came into our class and thanked us for what we did for the women at Aurora. Apparently Jana (our clinic supervisor) was so impressed with our actions that as soon as she got home, she e-mailed Randy and told him about what we did. Randy was very proud of us too. Annette sent us an e-mail as well telling us how proud she was of us and how we probably changed Valentines day for those women for a long time. Many teachers stopped us to thank us for what we did. I found it strange and still kinda don't know how to feel about all the praise that we've been getting because I didn't do it for the praise or for myself. The girls and I just wanted to show the ladies that we appreciate what they are going through.
That evening, Joy came over and we made an amazing dinner of naan, tzatziki, my famous salad and a pasta with four cheese and red pepper pesto cream sauce, baked asparagus and portobella mushrooms with shrimp. Oh yum :) Francois and Diego met up with us and we headed to Cafe Montmartre to watch Pacifika play. Pacifika is one of Joy's friends, Adams, band.
What an amazing music! I really enjoyed it and I think everyone else did too! Sometime in June (I think it's June anyways) they are opening for Feist! I am so there :P I can't wait for that! At one point and time during their show the entire audience started clapping along with the music. I closed my eyes and felt the energy and music and it was really really neat!
Again it was an other late night and again my alarm woke me up at 5:45am. This morning it was harder to get out of bed then the last. Especially knowing that we had spinal treatment. Ick! On the plus side, at least we have spinal treatment once a week! This week, we started a new class, systemic pathology level 400. We have a new teacher, Amanda and she's totally awesome! She has her teaching degree and it's VERY apparent cuz she can hold our attention for the entire 3 and a half hours and we're even really interested in everything she has to say. We asked her nicely if she can take over spinal treatment and she said we'll see :) YAY!
Ok now I should pay attention to spinal treatment...

Title taken from one of the songs from Pacifika...

No comments: