Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pre pregnancy massage

So tomorrow we get to do some pregnancy massage on real pregnant ladies. I am thoroughly stoked. Mind you I've already done some pregnancy massage through clinic and outreach but it will make a difference now that I know what to do.
During the time while I havn't been studying for my mid terms (spinal and orthopedic treatment), eating or sleeping, I've been reading Pre and Perinatal Massage Therapy by Carole Osbone-Sheets. It's a very interesting book and it's quite well written too. I especially liked this part:

Additionally, limit endocrine gland point stimulation to allow the hormonal orchestration of pregnancy to proceed undisturbed.

Hormonal orchestration... clever :) Ok time to go to my afternoon class. Yay neurotreatment... I think... we'll see what today brings!

No comments: