Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some things never change

When I was a little girl, we'd go camping a lot as a family. I guess this was a good time for us to learn more about nature. I always enjoyed making stews or other various goodies with sticks, dirt, leaves, flowers and water. I don't recall trying to eat any of my concoctions, however, I do remember trying to feed some to my little brother. Sorry Steph :)
This one time, my brother and I made mud balls (with other goodies in them) and put them in empty four packs of various types of coolers/ciders that my parents had. I then proceeded to try to sell my various mud balls to other campers in the campground. 25 cents for a four pack! What a deal! Apparently I did manage to sell some of my mud balls... people just though I was so damn cute.
This weekend, I am going to be selling mud again. This time it will be some fancy mud and it will be through the Esthetics Spa International Show at the convention center. This is the mud that we use for wraps at school, Spa Utopia also uses the mud for various spa treatments. There are so many wicked benefits to this mud it's really some neat stuff. Anyways I worked for them last year and they're a great company to work for. So I look forward to working with the people from Golden Moor Mud again.
In other news: Today we had a visitor in class. He was a really cute black pug! His name was Jack and he spent all afternoon with us. Though I am still quite nervous around small dogs, it still didn't stop me from cuddling with Jack (hey, I'm not picky at the moment :) I'll cuddle anything... even things I am afraid of).
Yesterday we found out something super cool while looking through my family history. Both my Great Grand Papa on my Mom's side and my Great Grand Papa on my Dad's side were on the same train coming from Quebec to settle in the region of Winnipeg! So that means that my Great Great Grand Papa's most likely knew each other WAY back in 18something! How neat is that?! We haven't found if I am related to Francois but even if I am it's so far back that I doubt it'll matter. I am however related to Louis Riel (1844-1885 a Canadian politician, leader of the Metis) and Louis Hebert (1575-1627 considered the first Canadian apothecary as well as first European to farm in Canada) but then again so is most of the French-Canadian population. :)

No comments: