Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The scorpio in me almost came out today...

So I dislike my spinal treatment class... well no it's not fair to say that I dislike the class. I am sure the class is fine. It's the teacher that drives me mad. Every class it takes every ounce of my being to not bite his head off.... it's just really hard. Occasionally there'll be a snarky comment that will escape my mouth but quite frankly, I don't care. A snarky comment is nothing compared to the bombardment of insults that go through my head during a 3 and a half hour period. Yeah there aren't too many people that rub me the wrong way like this teacher does.
Of course because of this disliking of the teacher, I haven't been as studious in this class as I should have been. He also gives LOTS of assignments which he marks for participation... most of which I forget to do. His exams are a joke... he'll ask the most obscure things and also he'll ask things which he never covered. So really it's very important to study EVERYTHING when studying for one for his exams.
Saturday I missed his class cuz I slept in. Sure I could have shown up for the second half of class but just thinking about having to deal with him made me hide under my blankets even more. Realizing that this was starting to be a problem, I made a mental note to go see him on Tuesday (today) to see where I stand in his class.
So today being Tuesday I went to see him to ask if I could meet with him sometime to review my grades, lates and absences. He said now was good so he pulled out a binder. After looking through it for some time, he realized it was the wrong one. Idiot! Finally he got around to getting my marks. He was being a terrible asshole... all snarky and shit. Then again I couldn't have been any better. Apparently I can't hide the sting very well when I talk to someone I dislike. First quiz 13/20 (65%), first mid quarter 13.5/24 (56%), 3 lates and 1 absence.
The attendance policy for our school is as follows: For each absence 2% will be deducted from your final grade. Leaner's must attend a minimum of 90% of classes in order to pass the class. Arriving more than 15 minutes after the start of class will be considered as arriving "late" for that half of class. Five "lates" will be equivalent to one absence (therefore loss of 2%). This certain teacher has been making us late if we're late 3 or 4 minutes. I make sure to always be there on time or at the most 5 minutes late cuz I know how disruptive it is when people get there late. So those 3 lates! They're fucking bullshit! He apparently wasn't aware of the rules but being a teacher, I think he should read em... it's kinda his responsibility.
So today I was so angry I almost cried. Then I thought... why am I angry? Am I even more angry at the incompetence of this teacher or am I also angry at myself for not being responsible and studying for this class. Hell I still think my teacher is a total ass and I'll still have to count to 10 or 20 or 30 or 1000 before I let anything come out of my mouth. But I think todays anger also had to do with me being angry at me. Right now I am failing an easy class. Why? Because I don't want to study for a class I dislike. Who's at a loss here? Me. I am sure the teacher doesn't give two fucks if I pass his class or not (then again if I fail he has to deal with me for two terms). So the lesson I learnt today. Study for spinal treatment cuz ya don't want to have to deal with pain in the ass teacher.
K time to study! Yay spinal treatment.

No comments: