Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I think I have pink eye...

Yesterday in neuroanatomy we studied the eye... the anatomy of the eye, what nourishes the eye, which nerves innervate the eye, how the eye works, pathologies of the eye... It was very interesting. So you could imagine my surprise when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and my right eye was all veiney and pink. On the plus side it was a good review. I looked at it for a while, named out the structures that could be involved and then continued to get ready.
What the heck do you do with pinkeye? Does it go away on it's own? I guess I could look it up in my books. I'm pretty sure it would be in the Merk Manual of diagnosis and therapy but I'll save that to after I've finished studying and writing this afternoons midterm exam. All I know is that it's contagious but I don't think I'll go rubbing eyes with anyone anytime soon. As long as it's gone by friday!

**Had a good laugh at myself after reviewing my blog... It's like I'm a hypochondriac. Tee hee. But I'm not.... seriously :P

No comments: