Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A glimpse at a social life...

So is this what it feels like to have a social life? So far I am into day 3 of my reading break and I haven't touched a book. Working at the Esthetique International Spa show at Canada Place was awesome! I was a bit rusty on which products were which but it didn't take me long before I learnt enough about them to be able to inform the clients about Golden Moor Mud. I was fortunate because Sunday morning, Mark, the owner of the company, did a presentation on his company and his products. It was very informative and very interesting. Great stuff so it was quite easy to sell. After a long 10 hour days work, Pam, Mark (owner of Golden Moor), Bob (distributor for BC) and I went for so much needed food at Khai, a thai restaurant downtown. There, Francois and David (an other frenchy friend of Franky's) joined us. It was bizarre because there were 4 frenchies and two... not frenchies at dinner. Usually it's the other way around! Anyways. After dinner, Franky, David, Pam and I hit the beach with a few beers. It reminded us of summer (even if we were sitting there with our winter jackets, scarves, tuques and gloves :) ). The night finished relatively early and Pam and I found ourselves in bed by 11 / 11:30.
The next day at the show was great. A lot of people were getting excited about and buying the product. I was also getting a more in depth understanding of how Moor Mud works. By 5 it was time to shut down. This I found quite fascinating! With the amount of people that were working at our booth, it didn't take too much time for us to set down. We were quick and efficient... I guess I was focused on my work because it wasn't until after we were finished that I looked around to see what everyone was doing. This huge space was filled with people taking down their booths. It looked so chaotic because there were forklifts with boxes, people rolling up the carpet in the isles and taking down things from the ceiling... it was just a buzz with activity. Everyone had their part to play and it was quite cool. Yeah so I am quite easily entertained but I like organized chaos :)
After work, Pam and I headed over to North Van where we met up with Franky and David once again... this time we went for dinner at Horseshoe Bay and then enjoyed a bottle of wine on the boulders at Whytecliffe park. It was so nice to get to sit there and watch the ocean and trees. It was so peaceful you could hardly tell that you were anywhere near Vancouver (except for the reflection of the city lights on the clouds). I did manage to take a picture but I was quite drunk and it was quite dark so it's terribly blurry. If I had a tripod (or had thought of setting my camera down on something that didn't move, like the giant rock that we were sitting on) it would have made for a stunning picture. After polishing off a bottle of red wine, we hung out for a little bit longer before it started to rain. We headed for cover at David's place, had a few drinks in front of the fire and then we all fell asleep. Pam, Franky and I sandwiched on the futon. It was like in those cartoons... if one of us wanted to move, the rest of us had to move. Lets just say the night wasn't very restful. It was well worth it though. It's nice to go out and take it easy.

Smugmug photos of the Esthetique International Spa Show found here.

No comments: