Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Good to know...

Well my professional development final is finished! :) No more PD for the rest of the term! Yay! We were sent home to study so now I have all afternoon and evening to study for neuroanatomy, joint mobs and systemic treatment.
Tomorrow I am going to the Police concert and I am SO psyched! I had trouble falling asleep last night because I was so excited (and about camping too...I'm really looking forward to getting out of town.)... I'll have to take photos of the event (if we're allowed) and I'll post em on Thursday.
Yesterday I went to see my naturopaths and I found something quite interesting. Three of the major side effects to being on Diane 35 (the birth control that I was on for quite a few years) are:
Obesity
Hypoglycemia
Hypertension (high blood pressure).
As soon as any of these show up, you're supposed to stop taking the pill. I had two out of three (I'm not obese) and I was still on the damn thing! Back in grade 12, after the 30 hour famine was when I started with the hypoglycemia... could it have been that I had also started taking the pill at that time as well? I can't remember, but that could be something interesting. I also started getting high blood pressure, but this wasn't until sometime last year...
Since I've been off the pill, my blood pressure has lowered to something quite close to normal and I haven't had any hypoglycemia attacks. Actually just yesterday morning, I got up with Teako and we went for a run around Langara... this was something that I could never ever do before! Normally I couldn't make it more then an hour after waking up in the morning without having something to eat. Sure I still feel weak if I don't eat a.s.a.p but it's not as urgent as before (as in, I won't pass out in the shower or something like that). I'm kinda hoping that even though I wasn't obese that maybe since I've gotten off the pill that I'll be losing some weight in the next little while. Could be fun :P but if it doesn't happen, I won't be too saddened.
Well I best get to studying... I actually feel like I'm going to get something accomplished today! YAY!

2 comments:

gillicious said...

I think you're supposed to take a small snack before doing exercise in the morning. Oatmeal's usually the advice given.

I have hypoglycemia too. Such a nuisance.

Frank said...

I agree with Gillian...I can't work out in the morning until I've eaten something, otherwise I feel like I'm going to throw up, even if I don't have anything in my stomach. Oatmeal is a good breakfast anyway, mmmmm peaches 'n cream