Saturday, May 5, 2007

Last day of the week

Well here we are, it's Saturday again. Today should be a fairly easy day. I have neuroanatomy in the morning (half the class is lecture and the other half of the class is review for our mid term that's next week) and then we have a mid quarter in joint mobs and then lecture for the rest of the class.
The past few days have been uneventful yet interesting. On Thursday, Darla and I went to the Shark Club to watch our Canucks battle the Ducks. It was an intense game but in the end we lost in second over time. I really think they shouldn't have let that goal count though. The Ducks totally knocked down one of our Canucks and EVERYONE (except for the ref) thought it was going to be a penalty. But somehow a determined Duck scored. Luongo was signaling to the ref that there should be a penalty and boom they scored while he wasn't 100% focused. I gotta admit, I almost cried. I am damn proud of our nucks and to have lost like that... I felt it was really disappointing.
Yesterday was rather uneventful. Maja hasn't been at school since Wednesday afternoon because she's been taking a few mental days. I don't blame her. It's pretty rough. It's hard without her there though... anyways I'm sure she'll be back today and then if we're still on for Bowen tomorrow we'll be able to vent and hopefully get enough out of our system that we can make it through an other week.
We had clinic yesterday which was a challenge because for some reason I didn't feel like touching anyone. Because we didn't have an admin person to take over my shifts, I pushed through and while working on my second guest I had an anxiety attack. I don't know what to think about that or feel because though I am tempted to feel sorry for my guest... I just don't really care. It's unfortunate that it happened but it did and I am not really going to beat myself up over it. I'm quite hard on myself and I think I need to lay up for a while.
No decision has been made over the restructuring of the program. We haven't even had a meeting. It doesn't look too promising though. I'm fine with that. Though I will still vote for it when the time comes.
Minette is being rather cute this morning. She's been following me like a little dog when I was getting ready and then was quite content sitting on my lap purring like a mac truck. She did get up once or twice to play with my vitamins... bat them around on my desk and walk on my keyboard. Now she's settled herself behind my laptop on my desk. What a cutie. I wish my life was as simple as hers. Just for a week or two.
The reality is that it's not and I did get up to study and as I often do... I procrastinated and haven't done any studying yet. So I better get to that.

No comments: