Thursday, May 24, 2007

I got a letter from the Hawaiian Government

I was surprised to get the letter and while I was opening it, I couldn't help but think "Uh Oh! I'm in troubbles!". I can't remember being naughty in Hawaii and I didn't drink so... that means I was good. The only thing I could attribute it to, was that you'd get fined if you were on Little Beach (or Big Beach... I think) past 7:30 and one night we left at 7:25. But they couldn't have tracked me down... or maybe they did. Anyways it turns out it was just a survey... fiouf!
So far my week has been good. Tuesday with Eric was fun :) He's an easy person to be around. We made yummy dinner and chit chatted a bit. Nothing eventful, just good company. Wednesday I picked out my things to learn to crochet (which took forever cuz there were SO many different things to chose from... who knew crocheting would be so difficult??). I am really happy with the colours I picked out. I'll post a pic later (I'm in bed writing now, it's getting rather late).
Then tonight I had my salsa dancing course! I had a bit of a dilemma as to which shoes to wear to class (3 inch heels or 1 inch) so during break, Jason and I did a few salsa steps. He's a really good leader, he made me look like I actually knew what I was doing. So I settled on the 3 inchers :) Class was awesome. We learnt about connection and how to do spins (two different ways, one from a New Yorker step and the other from a basic step but we - the woman - spun three times). I am still really enjoying the class! It's great to get to dance with different leaders (guys, girls are followers). There are other classes on Wednesday and i am almost tempted to do those as well. Until I do that, I am going to keep practicing with my high heels (made it through an entire class... feeling a bit sore now though... massaging in clinic tomorrow might be interesting if my thighs are rubber) and maybe I can convince either Jason or Ben to help me out with the more complicated things. We'll see.
For now I am heading to bed. I'm exhausted and tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

1 comment:

Frank said...

It was me! I turned you in to the Hawaii state government...watch out. J/K :-)

Awesome job with the salsa dancing. You're gonna have to post some pics or maybe a video of your skills.