Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trying to kick the sick.

It's been a week since I've had this darn cold and I am starting to get tired of it!
Last week on Wednesday Joy and I were at Capers picking something up for dinner when I saw this ginger, lemon and honey mixture. I mentioned that would be a pretty awesome drink to have if you had a cold. While tidying up after my clinic shift on Thursday I'd thought that it had been a while since I had been sick. I was proud of my immune system for being as strong as it's been.
When I got home, I noticed that I had an itchy throat. I went to bed early. I woke up with a really sore throat and proceeded to be barfy, sneezy and miserable at school on Friday. Shit! Well I can't say that my body didn't warn me! I've spent most evenings watching movies (I rented 6 on Friday) and trying to get better. I didn't miss much school except for one spinal treatment class.
Being it's been beautiful outside so I've walked around Stanley Park twice in the past week in hopes that the fresh air will make my cold go away.
I bought two CD's Beirut: The Flying Club Cup and City and Colour: Bring me your love. Both are AMAZING! And have been on repeat since I got them on Sunday. Good thing CDs don't wear out!
Paul and I went to the states on Monday to do a little bit of shopping and to just get away from the city. I am so fortunate to be good friends with him. Having someone there that I can talk to and be comfortable around is really priceless.
I started a detox two days ago (internal spring cleaning! YAY) but am now throwing caution to the wind and making a huge batch of brownies cuz I need some good old comfort food.
39 days to Maui... 4 weeks until finals. I could go for some cuddles.

No comments: