Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I can feel the warmth of the sun on my cheeks...

Actually really it's just a "sunburn" from the tanning beds. Yep I decided to go tanning. Why? Well I've found a way to not have a mini heart attack when the lights go off. I dance... for the entire 4 minutes. They usually play techno so it's kinda fun :) When the lights go off, I stop dancing. Today I tried 5 minutes (only because they don't allow 4minutes and 30 seconds) in the tanning salon and... I look like a lobster. Just my face though. Anyways so I am starting on my base tan. I also did my research and found that mineral based sunscreens aren't carcinogenic compared to their chemically based counterparts. So YAY! Technically this means I don't have to get a base tan and I can just hit the beach whiter then Casper but today I wanted to go tanning after my exam.
This morning was fantastic... ok initially when my alarm rang at 4:30am it wasn't... but at 4:32 it was and I lay in bed for a while listening to my music and dancing in my head. I watched the sun rise from my study area and heard the first bird chirp (the first in the neighborhood). Morning are truly a beautiful thing :) I love them! The exam went well. I've already got my marks back and I got 95% WOO! GOOOOO ME!
Pam and I went for a tan, where I celebrated my victory by dancing for the full 5 minutes. We then went to Safeway to pick up something for lunch and had a pic nick :) Pam told me today that she is moving 9 blocks away from me! That'll be totally awesome! It might also be trouble :P I am so excited!
Maja was there this morning so we made plans for Maui. Hostel and ferry are now booked! We're getting closer! I also bought some mineral sunscreen so really all that is left now is to pack.
Today was such a wonderful day :) I don't know whether it was the sunshine or what it was but I just felt so great. Even the traffic on cambie street didn't matter. I stopped by capers to pick up a few things. I love that place :) It's like the one stop hippy shop! Being it's Earth Day today, they were giving out bags to people who spent more then $25 being I did and had brought my own bag (as I always do... I have used 2 new plastic bags this year!) I gave it to the lady behind me. She didn't have a bag and she had less then $25 worth of stuff. I think sometimes we get caught up in the accumulation of stuff. I don't need an other bag, I've got many pretty reusable bags. So might as well give it to someone who can use it.
Anyways time for me to take a bath, relax and go to sleep early. Tomorrow I study for my systemic treatment final that's on Thursday.

No comments: