Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today's juice is brought to you by the vegetable spinach

And let me tell you! Spinach is quite good in a juice. Much better then beets. Yesterday the main veggie was beets and I think I over did it a little. I was nauseous most of the day... I don't know whether it was because of the juice or because it was day 2 of detox. Today I am feeling better :)
So far this detox thing is better then I thought it would be. I thought I'd be out of commission for a week (or more... I might do it for longer depending how I feel). I am not doing this for weight loss and hardly ever weigh myself but I am curious to see how much weight I lose, if any at all. Last time I weighed myself I was 165. When I stepped on the scale this AM I was 146! Woah! The only thing I've really changed is that I've become a vegetarian. Since I've switched I've been feeling much healthier. I also have more energy and am happier (this might be a combination of being a veggie and also of taking better care of myself both emotionally and physically).
I am going to start biking to school and so I've been looking around at cruiser bikes. Finally I think I've found one. I've decided to buy a used bike and I think a 3 speed is better then a 1 speed (being Vancouver is quite hilly). The only down side to the bike that I have my eye on, is that it's a men's bike and being it's a men's bike, the top rail thingy is higher. On a women's bike it's lower so that she can wear skirts or dresses and not flash the world. This summer I've decided I am going to wear more skirts and dresses so I am going to have to figure out how to bike without exposing myself. The other down side... it's in delta. So when I pick it up, I will probably have to bike all the way back to Vancouver with it. Oh well, she'll be worth it :)
Anyways time to do a bit of studying before I have to go to my afternoon class. We'll see if I have enough energy to salsa dance tonight. I'll take a nap at school if I gotta!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Cruiser bikes are useless on hills. Given that you're sort of near the top of one, I'm guessing you're going to have a hell of a time getting around. Why not just get a road bike or hybrid or mountain or something?

I mean, it'll be more exercise to do hills with a cruiser, but that doesn't make it so convenient anymore.