Thursday, April 24, 2008

Technology is pretty cool

Alright so even though I have a laptop, a cellphone and an iPod, it doesn't mean I am that much of a techy. I'd heard of podcasts but never really had any interest in looking some up. I was mildly intrigued when Donna mentioned that she'd found one for running. It would be something I'd look up when I decided to start training for my 10k (which should be soon, I know).
So yesterday I read reading the Yoga Journal, there was this add, advertising free weekly practice podcasts with Jason Crandell. I thought this might come in handy... it's free yoga! I've always tried to follow the poses from the journal but I never know how long to hold them for an the flow of my yoga practices generally sucks cuz I have to keep referring at the photos.
Now I am terribly excited because I will be able to do yoga on the beach while in Hawaii. The thought of being on little beach, surrounded by natural beauty and warmed by the rays of the sun, wearing only shorts and doing yoga while the ocean water laps at my feet puts a huge smile on my face. Sure I will most likely be COVERED in sand and I am not a big fan of having sand mixed in with my sunscreen... but you know what... I don't think that'll matter too much. I'll be able to go body surfing afterwards to rinse it off. Ha ha oh life on vacation sucks :P

No comments: