Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waking up in paradise

... well if paradise was in a city that is. But I guess paradise is what you make of it. This morning I woke up at 4am and just lay in bed, enjoying the smell of the Hawaiian air and the calming woosh of the highway that's not too far away from Franks place. By 5 something AM the birds started to chirp. I drifted in and out of sleep, soothed by their song and calmed by the wind that gently blew though the room. This is what I love about vacationing. Not a care in the world. Waking up at 4am isn't a big deal because I know that eventually today we'll be laying on the beach and I'll be able to catch a nap in the sunshine.
Yesterdays flight was uneventful and relaxing. Frank met us at the airport and we dropped off our stuff. After a quick bite to eat, we went to the Zoo in Waikiki. The only thing I wanted to do while I was here was to visit Waikiki. It holds a special place in my heart because it's the first place that I travelled to on my own. My first hostel was in Waikiki and so was my first encounter with cockroaches. I was able to visit the International Marketplace... An outdoor market that... well really isn't that interesting. I actually was quite disappointed. What I had found thoroughly fascinating 4 years ago was just mediocre at best. Maja and I caught a show at some pink hotel and that was kinda cool. There were hula dancers (both male and female) and fire dancers. Quite the show but again, very touristy. I think we're done with the whole touristy thing now and today Frank will show us around the more local spots.
Looking forward to today, not too sure what it's going to bring but it should be good. Now I am off to have a cup of water (while Maja and Frank have a cup of coffee) on the balcony and enjoy this beautiful morning.

hellllooooooo everyone who reads this.... this is MAJA!!! heeellooo! im going to go have some coffeee, yes!

No comments: