Friday, May 23, 2008

A night of R&R

Tonight is the first night that I have to myself in Hawaii and I am really enjoying it! Yesterday night a bunch of us went out to a club... and well... it was alight but I am not much into clubs. After a short night on the couch, it was time to wave Maja good bye. Her time here has already come to an end! I can't believe it! I am also very glad that I extended my stay.
This afternoon, Brandon and I hiked the Iao Valley. We walked there from our hostel (about 3 miles) and then instead of staying on the path, we walked on the river rocks up to a water fall... well we were told that there would be a water fall, however we didn't come across any big ones (just little ones... still very pretty though). It was stunning! The weather was quite warm even though we were in the valley so walking through parts of the river was very welcome. Once we realized that we weren't going to make it to any big water falls, we decided to take it easy on the rocks.
Tonight Brandon is going out with his friend again and I decided to take it easy at the hostel. I've had an awesome dinner of leftovers, had a shower, looked over some pictures and am now ready for a good nights sleep. Tomorrow quite a few of us from the hostel are going to Paia. Brandon will be there cuz I imagine he'll spend the night there. I've decided that if I were to move to Hawaii, I would live in Paia cuz it's the most awesome place on the island. I'm currently toying with the idea of cancelling or changing my flight back to Van and just living in Hawaii until term starts in October... that would be totally killer. However I don't quite think I can get up and leave everything... or maybe I can. I'll go sleep on it :) Rest up for an other day at the beach!

No comments: