Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Home sweet home!

Well vacation time is over and it's good to be home. The plane ride home was uneventful... I fell asleep/passed out before the plane even started taxing off for departure. I was wedged between two festively plump people that were taking up the arm rest on both sides of me therefore couldn't do much other then sleep. The train ride was unexpectedly beautiful! I think everyone should take that trip at least once! I tried to stay awake for most of it bust snoozed every once in a while. Anyways it's good to be home :) Minette even left me multiple presents to welcome me home.
Photos will soon be uploaded on my smugmug account. I was sorting through them as the trip progressed but still ended up with over 800 photos by the end of it all. After a final sort, I managed to get it down to about 500 photos. Now they're uploading and have been since 10am... it's taking a long time but it's worth it :) Got some really good ones this trip, I am quite stoked!
Really, I couldn't have imagined my trip to be better then it was. We did so much it was fantastic! Oahu with Frank was great, Maui was outstanding! The first day we were there there was a toga party, the next day we did a 12 mile hike in the Haleakala volcano crater, the day after that we went to little beach (the noodie beach) and stayed for the sunset and the drum circle and fire dancers, the following evening we went to Sprecklsville beach to have a big bond fire with other hostelers under a full moon (we stayed for sunrise, it was stunning!), the day after we went to Paia for some more chilling on the beach, when Maja left, Brandon and I did a hike/rock scramble in the Iao Valley... we went off the trail and walked along this river bed, the day after we hit the beach again and for our last day on Maui, we were supposed to do two 4 1/2 mile hikes, however instead we rented a car with Mark (a guy from Scotland) and Philippe (a guy from Russia) and drove around the entire island... it was stunning and so freeing. We ended the vacation with a bang by staying at the Hilton Waikiki, drinking way too much and partying it up.
No words can describe how great the entire trip was so I am hoping that photos can do it justice.

No comments: