Monday, May 26, 2008

Bye bye Hawaii

So I sit here in the Honolulu airport drunk off champagne, trying to keep myself entertained before my flight boards... sadly my trip has come to and end and what an end it was! After Maja left, Brandon and I did a 6 hour hike up the Iao valley, going off trail and hiking up a river bed in the rain forest. It was breathtaking! We stopped for a while to listen to the sounds of nature and it was so peaceful that we could hear the rocks shifting as the water ran over them. Not a word of a lie... the next day we spent the day in Paia, soaking up the sun rays with a couple of hostelers. The day after that we were supposed to do two 4 mile hikes in North West Maui however, at the last minute, we rented a car, drove around the island and drank beer & sangria. It was fucking awesome! Just me and three guys, Brandon, Mark (from Scotland, but he's workin in Whistler so he'll be visiting us in Van) and Philippe (from Russia who's a fucking awesome dude if I've ever met one). Many adventures were had there and I'll write about those, but later.
Yesterday after taking the ferry back to Oahu, Mark, Brandon and I decided to get a room at the Hilton Waikiki... Being it was quite the fancy place we decided to celebrate with some champagne... Here we are, the following morning with 7 bottles of champagne downed and one bottle of rum... Oh lord the fun that was had! I gotta say this is the longest I've ever been drunk and it's also the first time I am going to fly drunk... I feel so responsible! Haha!! Anywho I should most likely book my train ticket back to Vancouver... I don't particularly feel like being stuck in Seattle... especially on my own.

No comments: