Friday, May 2, 2008

Brother... Engaged

Two words I didn't think I'd see together for a LONG time... but this afternoon I was proved wrong. I came home from school and was going to take a nap when I heard my Mom say "Wow, you're engaged.". I thought... how nice someones getting married! Then she turns to me and says "Stephane's engaged!!!" I am sure I stood there with a stupefied look on my face. It took what seemed like forever for me to sort through my thoughts and emotions but relatively quickly a smile spread over my face. That means he's happy :) that's all that matters.
Things like "he's 19... they've been dating since January... he'll be the first cousin on the Fiola side to get engaged... Shit I thought I'd be first to get engaged... Woah that means he's that much closer to babies... NO babies!...." were running through my mind. Really none of that matters, as long as he's happy... though I did give him a hard time about the babies thing. Engagements, weddings... whatever... just no babies!
It was great cuz I got to talk to him too :) He seems quite happy. They're having a great time. They actually got engaged on Febuary 14th but decided to think about it for a while before making it public. While visiting Dasha's family in Ukraine, they decided to make it public by telling her family there first. I thought that was terribly wonderful because her family will most likely not be able to make it out to the wedding. Woah! Brother and wedding!
I had my nap after lunch and after the initial shock wore off. When I woke up, I thought it was all a dream but nope. It's still hard to wrap my head around THE FACT THAT MY YOUNGER BROTHER IS ENGAGED!!! Hot damn! Awe I just wanna celebrate with him and Dasha but the celebrations will have to wait an other three and a half months.
In the meantime I am gonna go hang with my Grand Maman who arrived from Winnipeg yesterday. Still... Woah. Oh and the ring... it was tinfoil to start with... hand crafted by my romantic little brother. Apparently he's picked one up for her in Ukraine. Talk about an awesome souvenir (though the tinfoil one is less likely to get stolen while backpacking... but maybe I am being too practical).

No comments: