Friday, May 30, 2008

Got a certain someone on my mind...

When you travel, you meet some really interesting people. People who are in a head space of travel and adventure which is a refreshing change from the people that you meet back home who are so busy with the daily rat race. A couple of days before I left, I met this guy, Philippe, on the beach in Paia. He hung out with the hosteler crowd and had been around a couple of times before the beach. While waiting for the bus, we started chatting about the effects of sun and cancer and all of these dorky health things. But hey, as we already know that nerdy talk turns me on... either that or a man with a brain. Anyways we both had plans for the night and went our separate ways. The following day was the day of the hike and I told him he should come with us. Nothing better then a great hike and great conversation.
The following day, my last day on Maui, we had the most spectacular day! Mark (a guy from Scotland) and Philippe joined Brandon and I for a day of adventure. Our hike turned out into renting a car, drinking and driving around the island (tsk tsk, I know but it was so much fun!!). Nothing happened, just great company and really good times. I was quite taken by Philippes' spirit and enthusiasm for life. A real traveller!
Having Brandon there I didn't think it would be appropriate to make any moves or start anything romantic with anyone. Just respecting his feelings... maybe a little too much.
Anyways he was supposed to come by the hostel the next day, before we left to go back to Oahu, however we left early and didn't get to see him. So we didn't exchange info...
I'm surprised how taken I am. I think I was just impressed by his love for life and bright spirit... something that through my whole serial dating (yes, I admit it) thing I've been looking for but have failed to find. Anyways the guy has been on my mind and I'm finding it kinda silly.

Update: Found him. Smitten for nothing :)

No comments: