Monday, January 14, 2008

Salsa Dancing & Drunken Shenanigans

Saturday after a full day of school and clinic orientation, Pam and I set off for her place with a liter and a half of wine. Time to let loose and dance the night away... Actually we had a nap first cuz we're cool like that. Once refreshed, dressed, fed and slightly tipsy, Steve (Pam's roommate), Aden (Steve's friend), Pam and I set off for the library. This was the first time Steve, Aden and Pam had ever done any salsa dancing (other then the few basic steps I'd shown them in the kitchen at Pams) and they did really well! Sure it was more of a mix of salsa and swing but who cares! Everyone had a great time. Joy (an other classmate) met up with us while we were there. I danced quite a bit with Steve and was very impressed as to how much he picked up just by looking at other people dance. He put together this one move (which I think was a combination of 4 spins and a dip) and this became our signature move of the night.
Eventually Joey and Christel joined us and we made our way to the Blarney Stone. Once we saw the lineup the decided to check out the Modern... Line up there was quite long so we settled for drinks at Chill Winston. The guys had sobered up by this time... I was well on my way. Surprisingly enough the drinking and salsa dancing weren't too much of a problem (if anything it may have helped me go with the flow a little more and not over analyze like I usually do). Eventually Chill Winston shut down for the night and we ran into Ben, one of our instructors. Amber and an other teacher was there as well... you think this would have been weird but it wasn't for me (I think it might have been for Amber though, she seemed a bit uncomfortable)... maybe it was the booze.
We made our way to Section (3) and Brix and eventually went home. I think the rest of the crew wanted to keep drinking but I was overdone... one foot on the floor was mandatory by this time or else the spins were too much to handle. I passed out for about 3 hours and then made my way home (while still drunk, wanted to avoid busing for an hour and a half with a hang over).
Luckily there was an amazing breakfast at my place the following AM and that mixed with a lot of water and a nap and I avoided a hangover all together :)
Today I've been doing homework and cleaning up. I found out that the black cat that looks a lot like Minette is now living next door. The lady there decided to start feeding him and now he pretty much lives there. Minette won't eat her regular cat food anymore so I went over to give them Minette's old food. The other cat sprayed me so now I smell like cat spray (even after changing and taking a shower). I think when Minette goes it'll be hard to have this cat as a neighbor because he looks very very much like Minette. I'm still trying to accept what's going on with Minette but it's tough.

No comments: