Thursday, January 10, 2008

Are you crazy to want this even for a while?

Again, more lyrics, this time from the song Strange Days from Matthew Good Band. As I signed onto MSN this evening, Jesse sent me the link of the youtube video to this song. Jesse knows that I'm on a quest for good new music (check out this... he sent it to me a while ago and I still listen to it lots. Very pretty!). Though this isn't new to me (got lots of MGB on my iPod) it was a nice reminder that it's a pretty song. Depressing though which isn't at all like my day was. I thought the title of my blog was quite poignant though because it's a question I often wonder.
Today I had a funny thought... I thought it would be nice to be a hydrotherapy teacher at Utopia Academy when I grad. Why hydrotherapy? Well we've had not so good teachers (Susanne was a great person but... not so much for hydro) for hydro and I think it's something that's hugely beneficial you just have to know about it and understand the benefits. Then while at the Aurora orientation, I was thinking I should be a clinic supervisor for this outreach. I love being at Aurora so much. I am actually going to go talk to Randy tomorrow to see if he can switch my Friends for Life clinic shifts for Aurora clinic shifts. It's not that I dislike Friends for Life, it's that I prefer Aurora. The people at Aurora are also more of the type of people I want to work with. Anyways we'll see how that will go. Hopefully he won't shoot it down.
School today was great too. We had A FULL DAY OF SYSTEMIC TREATMENT! Today we learnt all about HIV/AIDS and how to treat people with this condition. Next class we start on women's health... first up breast care. YAY! Finally something that I am really looking forward to doing!
Pam and I went to the Chinese Gardens to eat our lunch. Sure it wasn't a very pretty day but they are very pretty gardens and it makes for a nice change from the classroom. I brought my camera (which goes everywhere with me) so I took some pics. They can be found on my smugmug account...
Aurora orientation was great. I got to show the girls how to get to Women's Hospital and somewhere along the way I got the nick name Mama Goose. We'll see if it sticks :) If it does, I'm fine with that. It's actually kind of cute (and true). Anyways I am warming up to my new class. It's always kind of hard to be new in a group of women who have been quite close for a year already. I'm naturally quite shy in large groups so it takes an extra bit of time for me.

No comments: