Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bye bye Girls... (this post may contain too much information :) )

Yep it's sad but true. My girls are slowly leaving me... and by girls I mean breasts :( All this started when I got off the pill about 7 and a half months ago. My weight (which I thought was my normal weight because I'd been on the pill since I was 15) stayed about the same until about two months ago or so... and then people started commenting that I was looking healthier and fitter (I don't weigh myself because I figure as long as I feel healthy and look healthy, that's all that matters). This could also be due to the fact that I was also going to the gym at this time and have been going at least twice a week since then (except over x-mas... oops). Anyways I also noticed a big difference in breast size too... I think this is what I lost first. I'm not overly impressed :( Now this morning I was stuck with the dilemma of not having any bras that fit! So today, I go bra shopping and it's not particularly for the right reasons... I also don't know what to do with my now too big bras... do I keep them for when I get pregnant or in case I go back on the pill (I STRONGLY doubt that will happen)? Ah well life's little dilemmas.
Though all of this is slightly frustrating I'd never get back on the pill. Things that I thought were normal were apparently all just part of being on the pill. Finally after 7 months most of the side effects are wearing off. Things like dangerously high blood pressure, hypoglycemia and anxiety attacks are pretty much gone. There are still a few kinks that I'm working on but they (naturopaths) say that it could take up to a year and a half.
I'm terribly excited about no longer being hypoglycemic! That shit controls your life! At my worst I wasn't able to go to the kitchen from my bedroom in the morning. I just didn't have enough energy. I'd have to lay in the staircase until I'd be able to muster enough energy to make it the rest of the way to the kitchen. I was able to manage my hypoglycemia though eating but if I didn't eat when I was hungry I'd either pass out or get so hungry that I'd no longer be hungry, throw up then pass out. It sucked. And yes, I did go to a doctor but mine didn't put one and one together (not even after 3 years of visits...).
Actually now writing and remembering all of my adventures with hypoglycemia and anxiety attacks makes me realize that losing a cup size isn't the end of the world and if anything I should be proud of them.

No comments: