Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Almost snow day!

Yesterday was awesome! I woke up and it was like a winter wonderland outside. Over night we got a pretty good dumping of snow (for Vancouver... the rest of Canada would have laughed at us) and of course the city pretty much shut down. Most, if not all, of the major schools were closed... being our school is on the disorganized side I didn't know if we were open or closed (we don't have a rule for snow days... it's more of a "show up to school... if the doors are locked, go home" rule).
I set off for school with just my camera. No books, no nothing. I figured we'd be closed. I found the treck to school quite entertaining. People are so grumpy when things don't go as planed! I figure sit back, relax, you'll get there when you'll get there. I did however lose my patience a little when standing on the platform at Main street skytrain station. The platform was packed and there was a couple with a stroller who was waiting before I got there. Seven skytrains later and not much had changed. The little one was getting impatient (rightfully so) so I ended up being the jerk ass that yelled out to everyone who was packed like sardines on the skytrain to let the stroller and the parents on. People listened.... see there was room after all you just have to spoon your neighbor a little bit more :)
School wasn't closed. I was disappointed. Our class consisted of 5 people in the AM class and 4 in the PM class. Luckily they let us out early because at 12 it started to snow again. By 3 I was at Queen Elizabeth Park taking pictures :) Funny enough the sky cleared up and it was a stunning afternoon! For the first time, I saw it snow when there were no clouds in the sky. This baffled me. It still does! How can it snow when it's clear blue sky?! Pretty neat, I think. Anyways I had a super time running around in the snow taking pictures.
Today's not a snow day but it's definitely a slush day! No class this AM so I get to study (or blog). We're getting our roof redone and the person who's here to give us an estimate on how much will cost is real cute :) So it makes for good eye candy while he walks around. Anyways best get back to studying.

No comments: