Friday, January 18, 2008

Dreamin' of a new tattoo

I was told "Be careful, once you get inked, you'll want to get inked again." They were right. Shortly after my first tattoo healed, I wanted my second one. So far I've been good and I haven't gotten it done yet. Jesse, my tattoo artist is no longer working at Free Range. He's moved on again but this time I can't seem to track him down. Probably time to find a new one... Danielle and Christel seem to have an amazing one out in the Peg... so maybe next time I go there.
I've want to get a swallow flying through cherry blossoms and petals... and so far I haven't changed my mind. I imagine this is a good thing because once it's on... it's on! Where I'd put it has been a bit of a different story. Initially I wanted it along my ribs (petals and flowers starting at the bottom of my breast and then going all the way to the bottom of my ribs)... Many people have told me that that is painful as hell! After doing some rib springing and other therapeutic techniques around there I don't know if I could handle the pain. So an other place (well two, haven't narrowed it down yet) would be a little behind my hip or at the bottom of my neck, top of my back. Downside to on my back/hip (aka love handles) is that I've already got a tattoo in the small of my back and it might look too cluttered. Downside to my bottom of my neck/upper back is that it would be smaller and more visible... and after looking at pictures of me with long hair and short hair... I think I'll be sportin the short hair look more often so it'll be exposed.
Anyways I imagine this'll keep me awake for a while so I better go to sleep now...
*I found the pic of the tattoo above while looking for pretty sparrows/swallows... this had neither but is a stunning tattoo!

No comments: