Sunday, January 27, 2008

Less work more play!

After last night I am thinking I should keep slacking off :) I'm enjoying this way too much! There has got to be a way that I can organize myself that allows me for play time on the weekends and study time during the week. I think that is they key right there... study during the week.
Last night was nuts... my tired brain is having trouble recalling everything that happened! Course there was the usual school (which was actually quite painful... Sat AM class is not an inspiring one) and clinic afterwards. Pam and I then met up at Cafe Montmartre for some live music. Joanna Chapman Smith was amazing! She sang two new songs (well new to me) and then she sang A glass of right and wrong! I'd only had that song stuck in my head all week but it was nice to hear it live :) Kate Reid played after her and she was awesome! Pam and I had heard her play last time we ended up at the railway club and then she'd only played a few songs. At the end of the gig, everyone left except for Pam and myself and the girls (Joanna and Kate) were setting down. They took some time to talk to us and it was nice to get to know them a little bit better. It's interesting because sometimes it almost feels like you know a bit about a certain artist because you've heard their music. I guess it allows a bit of glimpse into their lives and who they are. Both are really amazing women and it was great to talk to them. Very down to earth, very real.
Pam and I stayed behind at Montmartre and waited for Mary Jean to meet up with us. It was neat cuz we had the place to ourselves and the owner came and talked with us for a while. Finally we set off for Ceilis where we met up with Ayden, Steve and an other of Steve's friend (I can't remember his name). There we partied until they kicked us out (we were the last ones out... again). It was great because my friend Aaron works there and so it was good to catch up with him. Between then and sleep stuff happened but it was quite a blurr. All I know was that I looked at my cellphone and it was 5:55am. I fell asleep an hour or so after that.
This still didn't stop me from waking up at 9am to see if people wanted to go out for more live music and brunch. After all Lilly Come Down was playing and I really enjoy their music too! Sadly no one was responsive so I went back to bed.
Two hours of busing later and I found myself home. It always makes me chuckle when I am dragging my ass around on public transit with only a few hours of sleep and the remnants of last nights alcohol still coursing through my body. I know I probably look pretty rough and it sure must be a contrast to all of those morning people who look all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Heck I'm normally one of those.

No comments: