Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Actually the weather outside is amazing (that's the view I have from my study area)! It's the mass of papers that is frightful really. I've been working on the multitude of assignments that are often due the week before finals. So far so good. None down (but many started) 5 more to go.
The snow is amazing! I want to out and play in it. I promised myself that if I was done all of my assignments before I see my client tomorrow I can spend the rest of the day playing in the snow. I am hoping to go snow shoeing but we'll have to wait and see about that. Not many people have Monday off except for Paul. Mind you I'd really like to go with Paul cuz then we get to bring Teako with us too. Ah I'll give him a call later.
Speaking of Paul. Yesterday we went to Uncle Steve & Auntie Marcy's place and their place was all decorated for Christmas and it was ultra snowy out there. It reminded me of the time we celebrated the November/December birthdays last year. It was such a great time spent with family and Paul and Teako were there too. I remembered taking a walk with Teako and Paul after dinner and running in the snow and laughing at our goofy dog. It was amazing. The snow covered everything and no one was out... just Paul, Teako and myself enjoying the snow and the evening. It's amazing how quiet things are when it's snowing.
Last night we also talked about Christmas and what it's going to look like this year (dinner at Uncle Steve and Auntie Marcy :) ) and I was reminded of the anxiety I had two years back when I spent my first Christmas with Paul. I didn't know how I could include both families. In the end it worked out fantastically. Our family celebrates mostly on Christmas eve and his on Christmas day. It was great spending time with both families. The traditions were different but they were great none the less. His family is very easy going and welcoming as well. It was really neat cuz last year on Christmas eve day we went up to Grouse for a sleigh ride and to go ice skating. It was quite stormy so we got stuck up on the Mountain for quite a few hours (I am tempted to say 5 or so but it may have been less... or more). I think we finally got down at 11 or so at night. His Mom was pretty embarrassed but I thought it was great!
Anyways I can't help but feeling like this Christmas will be a bit lonelier then the others but it'll be ok. I'm really looking forward to the 22nd. That's my last exam then I've got two weeks off. I'm also looking forward to curling up in front of the fireplace with a blanket and a nice glass of wine and just unwinding.
Ok enough day dreaming time to keep going with these papers. They don't write themselves!

No comments: