Monday, December 17, 2007

Surfs up


Vicki and I were talking about surfing (can't recall how this came up...) and I was encouraging her to go try sometime. I know I absolutely love it! Last time didn't go so well, I ended up falling off and some other surfer hit me right in the head with his surf board (spent the rest of the day and the day after regaining my grounds... stupid concussions).
But the first time I tried surfing was on 7 mile beach in Australia. While saying in Wollongong I decided to take a 5 day trip and learn to surf. Our days consisted with waking up with the sunrise, having a quick bite to eat, jumping into our wet suits, surfing for a few hours, go back for lunch, quick nap in the hammock, surf for an other few hours, back to camp, have dinner, wash salt off self, go to sleep to do it all over again. For 5 days in a row! It was amazing! Mind you constantly being wet for 5 days kinda gets to you. So does getting into a really cold, still wet and sandy wetsuit.
Anyways I dug up some pictures of me surfing and I was reminded of how much fun I had. In all the pictures I'm smiling (even the ones where I am face planting in the water).

No comments: