Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sleep escapes me

After a long day of studying (10 hours), chores and baking I was really looking forward to a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Being it's Thursday it's my running around day. I keep all of my running around for Thursdays so that the other days of the week I can stay committed to my study area.
I was hoping my mind would be too tired to think tonight... but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried all of my techniques to help me fall asleep and nothing has worked. I'll try writing about what's going on in my mind and maybe that will help.
I don't understand why I am feeling lonely. After Paul and I broke up (and once I got over it) I was loving being single. I was content and not looking for a relationship. Eric can attest to that because it took me forever to realize that he was interested in me. Somehow after the most recent break up I didn't go back to that loving the single life state. I am not miserable and I am not looking for a relationship. But I find myself being lonely, wanting to cuddle and day dreaming over mushy love songs.
Then there's my whole situation with Paul... I am glad this is settled because it had me a little worried. Over the past few weeks it seemed like Paul had been avoiding me and through the wonders of facebook a little news thingy told me that he was now in a relationship. I figured two might be related and asked him if it was. It turns out he was just busy and even though he is in a relationship he still wants to be friends.
The reason why this was especially touchy for me was that after Paul and I broke up and before Eric and I started dating, I met this guy who I contemplated dating... that was until he told me that he didn't feel comfortable with me talking to my exes. I had nothing invested and I valued my friendship with Paul more then I valued a potential relationship with this guy. It got me thinking... maybe that is why people aren't friends with their exes... future boyfriends or girlfriends may be intimidated by exes and... I dunno.
I know that I am somewhat intimidated by exes but I would never ever ask a current boyfriend to stop talking to their ex. First of all it's not my place and second I understand that this person meant something special to my boyfriend and for them to keep in contact is not a big deal.
Also silly thing are running through my head like how to best organize my day tomorrow so that I spend the least time in transit and the most time where I need to be. Also how I can get all my errands done in the least amount of time. Oh and don't forget to add *pick up Christmas cards, two gifts and pantie liners* on your to do list for when you're at metrotown.
How can I put together dinner tomorrow in a kitchen that I am not particularly familiar with. Will the pork chops be over marinated by the time he calls? Will protobello mushrooms be a good substitute for meat for me or will I need something else? The pork and the mushroom will have to be in separate dishes in the oven... will there be enough room?
And then there's Africa... Africa and compassion and empowerment and photography and calendars and and and... is all running through my head. This is an idea that is too green to talk about. If it develops I'll blog about it but I'm a dreamer... I get many ideas some of which develop (like backpacking Australia at 18 years of age) and some don't (like going to Europe a few years later).
Ok well I am still not tired and I have to wake up in 4 hours. Time to go read peoples blogs :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

some of my best friends are ex's. Anyone who's uncomfortable with that isn't the right person for me. I actually prefer people who are friends with at least some of their ex's -- it means that however they broke up, it wasn't so awful that they never want to see them again. ;)

It's like... having built in references. ;)